Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $17.00/ hour
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6pm – 6am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401k with Company Match
Who we are:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
- Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean and healthy workspaces. We want individuals who take that seriously.
- Team players that will interact professionally with co-workers and assist with training of new team members
- Bring high energy and positive attitude every day; always be curious and interested in learning
- Be willing to help out where needed - work is done on a rotation and you may be asked to rotate to other product lines or areas
- Speak up! Recommend areas for improvement or efficiency; always be an advocate for safety
- Be flexible – accommodate variable schedules that may include weekends/overtime
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling; perform basic math
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active. If you can do these physical tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions)
- Lift up to 50 lbs – bend, carry, push, pull and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time
- Keeping a straight product flow along conveyors
- Work in a wide range of temperatures and conditions while being exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- This position is responsible for performing different assembly and packaging jobs in the processing of foods. We take pride in making quality products under safe, sanitary conditions in the most efficient manner and on a timely basis.
- Unpack raw materials; mix ingredients; assemble product and package finished goods
- Count, pack and inspect finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and quality
- Ensure that all products (from raw materials to finished product) meet company and government quality standards
- Inspect products; throwing out or fixing products as necessary; writing down amount of waste as directed
- Notify supervisor of quality issues, ingredient/material problems and/or equipment breakdowns
- Perform all duties in compliance with existing USDA, OSHA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety regulations)
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1800
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron