Fork Lift Operator II
Florence, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $19.75 / hour
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6pm – 6am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401k with Company Match
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
As a Forklift Operator II, under direct supervision, you are responsible for operating high-lift stacker/reach truck placing pallets on or off racks in proper location.
- Responsible for taking incoming palletized product and storing in appropriate storage area under specific direction from supervision Receive product requests from load sheets
- Pick pallets of product to be loaded on trailers from storage racks and locates them in the properly designated location in the FWP (forward pick) for distribution
- Ensure all product moves are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Operate equipment in accordance with facility GWP (Good Warehouse Practices) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations
- Operate lift equipment in a safe and appropriate manner ensuring minimal damage to product lift equipment and storage racks
- Report all malfunctions of high lift stacker/reach truck equipment to supervisor
- May assist with periodic inventories as necessary within the work area
- Keep a clean work area consistent with established regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 0-1 year of related experience.
- 18 Years of age
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions short correspondence and memos
- Ability to read written documentation containing schedule moves printout computer screens store tickets for accurate product movement
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers including Supervisors/Managers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers
- Ability to operate clean-up broom plastic compactor forklifts and carts
- Ability to gain and maintain required forklift certification and license and satisfactory completion of cart driver training, ability to key product/move data into terminals on a daily basis
- Ability to work in cold/freezing temperatures of 30 degrees
- Ability to understand/use WMS (Warehouse Management System); and eventually understand/utilize SAP (Systems Applications Products in Data Processing)
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed instruction
- Computer exposure and/or experience highly beneficial
- Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with co- workers
- Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure
- Comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.null
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003561
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron