Fork Lift Operator II-Warehouse Receiving 1st Shift, 17/hr.
Florence, KentuckyApply Now
- Under limited supervision this position is responsible for operating high-lift stacker/reach truck placing pallets to move product around location.
- Tasks require moderate complexity and uses judgment and initiative to complete tasks.
- Responsible for taking incoming palletized product and storing in appropriate storage area as indicated on location tags with use of terminals.
- Receive product requests from load sheets.
- Pick pallets of product to be loaded on trailers from storage racks and locates them in the properly designated location in the FWP (forward pick) for distribution.
- Ensure all product moves are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform specialized material moving activities using specialized equipment (certification required). Operate equipment in accordance with facility GWP (Good Warehouse Practices) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations.
- Operate lift equipment in a safe and appropriate manner ensuring minimal damage to product lift equipment and storage racks.
- Report all malfunctions of high lift stacker/reach truck equipment to supervisor.
- Complete periodic inventories as necessary within the work area.
- Responsible to maintain a clean work area consistent with established regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Years of Related Experience: 2-4 years of related experience.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 18 Years of age.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to read written documentation containing schedule moves printout computer screens store tickets for accurate product movement.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers including Supervisors/Managers.
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Ability to operate clean-up broom plastic compactor forklifts and carts.
- Ability to gain and maintain required forklift certification and license and satisfactory completion of cart driver training.
- Ability to key product/move data into terminals on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in cold/freezing temperatures of �30 degrees.
- Ability to understand/use WMS (Warehouse Management System); and eventually understand/utilize SAP (Systems Applications Products in Data Processing).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed instructions. Facts work orders or other data are specific and immediately available usable and point directly to the problem.
- Computer exposure and/or experience highly beneficial.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with co- workers.
- Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company Local State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend basic English for safety and quality purposes.
Starting Wage: 17.00/hr.
- Hours may change based on the production schedule.
- Overtime and weekend work required.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19005800