Sr Human Resources Generalist
Fargo, North DakotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
As a Sr. HR Generalist at our Drayton Foods facility, you will be the main HR contact for this location and responsible for the daily administration of one or more of the following HR disciplines: staffing, workforce relations, compensation and benefits, training etc. This is the senior level professional position working under limited supervision on complex issues, plans, and programs.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, you will have opportunity to move into HR leadership roles throughout the company. We have 15+ manufacturing facilities, plus corporate offices in Minnesota
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Resolves complex and broad employee relations, problems, or issues related to traditional employee relations matters with a focus on the employee experience and a positive business outcome; collaborates with Legal and business unit leadership as necessary.
- Provides input on new and revised policies, interprets various HR plans, programs, policies, and procedures for employees, and provides advice and recommendations to business unit management.
- Provides independent leadership to the business unit by designing and implementing human capital solutions to business challenges and analyzes the impact on financial performance.
- Collaborates with HR and business unit leadership to develop and implement tactical and strategic plans to support business objectives.
- Partners with business leaders on the development and implementation of initiatives that create an engaged work force.
- Partners with HR Management to assist in the performance management, salary planning, and talent management processes by creating and analyzing reports for HR leadership assisting in training and other duties.
- Identifies the need for and facilitates learning and development opportunities.
- Recruits, screens, and interviews internal or external candidates for vacant positions and conducts new employee orientation.
- Collaborates across business units or with corporate HR on complex HR special projects and may serve as a mentor and evaluator of lower level staff.
- Maintains confidential employee data or files and prepares and/or analyzes complex reports related to workforce planning.
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HR plans, programs, and procedures related to compensation and benefits, staffing, workforce relations, training etc. that enables interpretation and application of organization policies.
- CRITICAL THINKING! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. There will be times when you are less busy. We need someone who competes to win and will capitalizes on that down time!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Advanced PC skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of federal, state, and other regulatory standards related to various HR disciplines.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19003822