Looking for Home Delivery?
Fargo, North DakotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Manufacturing Manager for our Drayton Foods manufacturing facility in Fargo, ND. If you consider yourself someone who is experienced in managing a fast paced and automated manufacturing operation through various employees, across all departments and shifts, this may be your next career.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Manufacturing Manager role is a starting point on the path to a Senior level management role.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of employee’s skills development, production, quality, housekeeping, safety, policy administration, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving along with leading, teaching, and enforcing the Performance Control System.
- Directs production of quality products within established specifications and in sufficient quantities to meet product orders. Observes operations in each area/ shift and alerts appropriate management of errors. Monitors the quality of ingredients and the finished product periodically in each area on each shift.
- Investigates ways to reduce scrap, waste, out-of-specification, and contaminated ingredients. Explores ways to reduce the manpower and effort needed to produce products without sacrificing quality. Researches and proposes equipment and employee utilization for cost effectiveness. Presents proposals to Plant Manager.
- Receives reports from plant management including: downtime, production counts, product net weight, waste, ingredient usage, and unit costs. Receives reports from Personnel including: absence, tardiness, accidents, leaves of absence, and termination. Receives reports from Quality Assurance including: net weight, raw material inspection, sanitation, microbiology, and developments and/or new technology from Food Technology, Food Chemistry, or Sensory Analyst. Receives product specifications and production formulas from Product Development.
- Prepares and/or compiles operating reports for the Plant Manager. Follows up on opportunities for improvement with appropriate management in all operating areas. Responsible for ensuring processes are in place to ensure on time startup of the facility.
- Manages, trains, and develops subordinates.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Years of Experience: 5-7 years related experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral diagram or schedule form.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including MicroSoft Office.
- SAP experience beneficial.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees as well as provide leadership and direction.
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 21000507
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron