Recruiter - Manufacturing
Erie, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
We are hiring a Recruiter for our manufacturing facility in the Erie, PA. If you consider yourself someone who is:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on hiring and the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Recruiter role is a starting point on the path to a Senior Recruiter role or HR Generalist
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Under general supervision this position is responsible for recruiting, sourcing, identifying, qualifying, attracting, and retaining quality employees for the company. This position receives limited instructions to varied and somewhat difficult in duties.
- Actively recruits candidates and screens the flow of qualified applicants to fill vacancies ensuring compliance with company policies as well as State and Federal regulations including, but not limited to, EEOC and Affirmative Action.
- Effectively interfaces and consults with hiring managers to understand business and recruitment needs to develop true business partnerships on typical or non-critical items.
- Evaluates applicants makes recommendations and extends offers of employment.
- Analyzes recruitment process and offers recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Develops network with professional organizations minority and public service agencies by working with internal and external constituents
- Determines best recruitment solution to use which may include direct sourcing, industry networking, employee referrals, Internet sourcing, minority and trade job fairs, and college programs.
- Conducts appropriate research and maintains an up to date file on various colleges and universities to assist in the selection of key colleges for future recruiting activities.
- Creates marketing tools to be used to assist in the recruitment process which may include: placement ads, job service radio ads, recruitment booth flier's, etc.
- Prepares reports documenting recruitment activity and effectiveness.
- Partners with Compensation department to establish and maintain standards and efficiencies between Talent Acquisition and Compensation.
- Provides assistance to HR department as needed.
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: Typically has 0 - 3 years of related work experience
Education: High School graduate or equivalent. Bachelor's degree with related coursework preferred.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Proficiency in Taleo applicant tracking a plus.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19013443
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron