Looking for Home Delivery?
Erie, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Materials Planner at our food manufacturing facility in Erie, PA.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the material planner position role is a starting point on the path to a supply chain manager or other leadership positions
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Plans schedules and monitors inbound movement of materials from suppliers.
- Determines material requirements and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing production and engineering
- Procures ingredients / packaging based on specifications and production schedules Issues purchase orders processes invoicing and works with accounts payable on paying for materials
- Manage supplier service and quality issues and secure credit as applicable
- Monitor and manage materials to ensure aging and obsolesce is minimized through coordination with the production scheduler, R&D, and suppliers
- Analyze supplier and in-house inventory levels reviewing demand and coordinating the adjustment of purchase order quantities or deliveries based on changes in plant needs
- Works with suppliers, QA, and accounting to resolve quality issues and obtain credits for tagged materials
- Maintains SAP Material Masters pricing in SAP, Vendors Info Records source list, and updates the item master for new items
- Interacts with transportation and warehousing on in-coming deliveries tracks each purchase order from departure to delivery and coordinates with transportation to ensure delivery time and possible cost reductions
- Works with 3rd party logistics groups in the storage of raw materials
- Requires interaction with corporate vendors, plant personnel, and service providers
- Manages significant dollars of inventory
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Years of Experience: 3-5 years’ experience with purchasing/procurement function
Education: Associate degree preferred
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to form solutions from analytics
- Ability to interact with vendors and other internal partners
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of procurement and materials management practices and principles.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21003969
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron