Maintenance Technician I- 2nd Shift
Erie, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: Up to $21.50 / hour or more, depending on experience
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 8:00pm - 4:30am
Shift: 3rd shift
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's™, Villa Prima®, and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; Bibigo®, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health, and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Earn up to 2 weeks paid time off during first year
- 401k with Company Match
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of related experience Ability to operate multiple machines safely with minimal supervision and obtain necessary production specifications
- Proficient communication and problem-solving skills to pass on information to co-workers and to relay information to and from all employee levels including management
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
- Responsible for the operation of multiple pieces of manufacturing equipment ranging from simple to more difficult complexity
- Responsible for set up and pre-running of the equipment to ensure proper production startup
- Control of line speeds, batch formula, production rates, starting and stopping equipment, and overall product elegance and safety
- Responsible for light maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance of all equipment and assisting maintenance in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair and regularly serviced
- Responsible for various quality checks
- Completes all required paperwork (for example: downtime HACCP etc. utilizing SAP SOP's Safety operation training as appropriate)
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required; including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- May be responsible for disassembling, disconnecting, cleaning, operating, and reassembling and reconnecting lines and equipment
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
- Hours may change based on production schedule (some overtime and weekend work may be required)
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4429
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron