Line Attendant - 1st Shift
Erie, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
- Lift up to 50 lbs—bending carrying pushing pulling and other activities as needed.
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time.
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day.
- Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions).
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling.
- Perform basic math.
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
- Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers.
- This position is responsible for performing different assembly and packaging jobs in the processing of foods.
- Making quality products under sanitary conditions in the most efficient manner and on a timely basis.
- Unpacking raw materials; mixing ingredients; assembling product and packing finished goods.
- Ensuring that all products (from raw materials to finished product) meet company and government quality standards.
- Inspecting products; throwing out or fixes products as necessary; writing down amount of waste as directed.
- Notifying supervisor of quality issues, ingredient/material problems and/or equipment breakdowns.
- All work is done on a rotation. Will rotate to other product lines in all facilities as needed.
- Keeping a straight product flow along conveyors.
- Assisting with training of new line attendants.
- Counting, packing and inspecting finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and quality.
- Working in a wide range of temperatures and conditions and being exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump caps, hair and beard nets, and gloves.
- Performing all duties in compliance with existing USDA, OSHA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety regulations).
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with Company Match
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19007823
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron