Area Sales & Distribution Manager
Destrehan, LouisianaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
This position is responsible for managing the distribution activities of assigned depot operations.
- Manages staff to achieve distribution support of sales operate within DOT guidelines and implementation of safety practices.
- Manages staff to ensure the maximization of deliveries truck utilization and provide extended support of store level sales opportunities through in-store promotions and customer service.
- Manages the preparation of distribution maintenance dynamic routing and pre-trip/post-trip execution.
- Manages the recruitment hiring training and development of all team members.
- Prepares and presents financial and budget reports to management on status and key performance indicators.
- Monitors ongoing team members performance, communicate results and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Analyze all distribution data and reports in order to make relevant business decisions.
- Manages customer relationships through continuous communications between sales merchandising and operations to ensure maximum efficiencies and customer service.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of all company safety and DOT policies and procedures.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience:
- 5+ years related experience
- Basic proficiency in the use of a personal computer including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of financial/business requirements.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Requires 40 -- 50% travel locally with some overnight travel required
Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation driver eligibility medical certification requirements and must possess a valid CDL from state of residence in order to operate a commercial motor vehicle with a GVWR of 26001 lbs. or greater.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Business Unit: Req #: 23-2942
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron