Deer Park, Texas; Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Manufacturing Manager to lead a team of supervisors and front-line attendants who are responsible for the manufacturing of our famous Pagoda and Minh frozen Asian snacks! If you are a genuine and authentic leader that finds success in engaging and mentoring your teams to achieve optimal success through their employees, we want YOU to join our team.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of employee’s skills development, production, quality, housekeeping, safety, policy administration, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving along with leading, teaching, and enforcing the Performance Control System.
- Directs production of quality products within established specifications and in sufficient quantities to meet product orders. Observes operations in each area/ shift and alerts appropriate management of errors. Monitors the quality of ingredients and the finished product periodically in each area on each shift.
- Investigates ways to reduce scrap, waste, out-of-specification, and contaminated ingredients. Explores ways to reduce the manpower and effort needed to produce products without sacrificing quality. Researches and proposes equipment and employee utilization for cost effectiveness. Presents proposals to Plant Manager.
- Receives reports from plant management including downtime, production counts, product net weight, waste, ingredient usage, and unit costs. Receives reports from Personnel including absence, tardiness, accidents, leaves of absence, and termination. Receives reports from Quality Assurance including net weight, raw material inspection, sanitation, microbiology, and developments and/or new technology from Food Technology, Food Chemistry, or Sensory Analyst. Receives product specifications and production formulas from Product Development.
- Prepares and/or compiles operating reports for the Plant Manager. Follows up on opportunities for improvement with appropriate management in all operating areas. Responsible for ensuring processes are in place to ensure on time startup of the facility.
- Manages, trains, and develops subordinates.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment.
- Ability to execute safety rules, operating and maintenance policies.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral diagram or schedule form.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including MicroSoft Office, SAP experience beneficial.
- Ability to effectively supervise employees as well as provide leadership and direction.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4757
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron