Machine Operator II - Mixing 1st shift
Deer Park, Texas
Take the first step toward an exciting new career! As a Machine Operator you'll work in a fast-paced environment and tasked to set up, operate, and troubleshoot machinery in a manufacturing plant. You will be using your hands and working on your feet continuously while additionally completing quality and safety checks on the equipment you operate. As a front-line team member of Schwan's Company, your work is vital to our success! If you have an appetite for more, come join us at Schwan’s and see how far your passion, talent and commitment to customer service will take you. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel Amount: None
What do you need to be a successful Machine Operator at Schwan’s?
- Mechanically Inclined
- Safety Focused
- Detail Oriented
We have a great working environment here... Everyone gets along with each other and are always helping each other out.The benefits provided are a huge plus as well.— Maria H. Salina KS
Starting Pay: $18.75 / hour or more based on experience
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6pm -- 6am
Hours: 3:45 am - 2 pm
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's™, Villa Prima®, and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; Bibigo®, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health, and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Earn up to 2 weeks paid time off during first year
- 401k with Company Match
We need someone who can:
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
- 1-2 years of experience and holds a high school diploma or equivalent
- This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active!
- Lift up to 50 lbs. - bending, carrying, pushing, pulling and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time and work in cold and/or hot temperatures
- Operate machines safely with minimal supervision
- Communicate and problem solve with coworkers and perform basic math
- Obtain necessary production specifications
- Pass on/relay information to co-workers, to and from all employee levels including management
- Work different ranges of hours such as overtime or weekend shifts (Hours for this position may change based on production schedule)
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
- Setting up and pre-running of the equipment to ensure proper production start up
- Controlling of line speeds, batch formula production rates, starting and stopping equipment, and overall product elegance and safety
- Responsible for various quality checks
- Completing all required paperwork (for example: downtime, HACCP, etc., utilizing SAP SOP's Safety operation training as appropriate)
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required; including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4720
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee Referral Program
Start Here. Go Far.
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.