Deer Park, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $16.50 / hour
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6pm
Hours: Full Time/Deer Park
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
What is this job about?
- This position is responsible for performing a variety of quality assurance audits on incoming products in-process production as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality. This position also assists in planning and establishing additional FSQ activities and procedures.
- Monitors daily adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and reports issues to management.
- Generates reports such as specification notices and trend analysis using Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel; also processes transactions in SAP to release product from QA hold.
- Verifies regulatory formula and procedural compliance of manufacturing systems and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Documents review and verification to ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to work with Food Chemistry Microbiology Sensory and Product Development to gather samples and information needed for product testing.
- Evaluates Certificate of Analysis data against specification and takes appropriate action when necessary.
- Works with production management to rework product for most routine product quality issues.
- Generates and maintains reports of all testing performed and all quality and food safety issues.
- Conducts plant food safety/GMP orientation when necessary.
- Performs associated formulation audits and quality checks as necessary and according to product specifications.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
What we need from you:
- Read and interpret basic technical documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) as it applies to specific plant operations (HACCP certification preferred).
- Confirm a satisfactory current job performance and safety record.
- Work in a variety of temperatures.
- Learn and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Keep accurate documentation of daily information.
- Complete the investigation and the documenting of incidents involving product/ingredient Food Safety issues.
- Communicate in English (verbally and through writing) to accurately create and document company reports.
- Read and understand product specifications.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- (Preferably) demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in SAP, the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003310
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron