Looking for Home Delivery?
Electrician III - 2nd Shift
Deer Park, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active! If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Lift up to 50 lbs—bending carrying pushing pulling and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions)
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling
- Perform basic math
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
- Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
- Perform standard to more complex repairs and is responsible to receive, adjust, and install new plant equipment using a variety of power hand and shop tools as required.
- Responsible for the diagnosis of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and similar problems and apply appropriate corrective action
- Read and interpret schematic drawings and diagrams.
- Assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and equipment, primarily electrical in nature.
- Perform preventative electrical repairs on electrical cords and motors and assist with preventative maintenance on equipment replacement of parts.
- Runs conduit and pulls electrical wire to wire new and used equipment; helps replace starters, relays, switches, and fuses in electrical panels, helps replace main and auxiliary disconnects as required.
- Perform advanced electrician duties including but not limited to using a voltage meter to check high and low voltage reading on equipment, checking for open circuits for line voltage, troubleshooting frequency drives for proper operation, understanding all aspects of an electrical schematic, and troubleshooting/replacing I/O modules in a PLC.
- Set up metal detectors
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Train Maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
- Ability to perform advanced maintenance and electrician duties.
- Must understand solid state circuitry and 110V, 220V, 440V, and 480V systems
- Ability to size an electrical panel-based components for install; ability to size components and wiring based on electrical schematic; ability to size line voltage and transformer voltage; ability to build electrical automation enclosure based on schematics and plant requirements
- Ability to diagnose problems with programmable controllers on equipment and operate electrical testing equipment and machining equipment
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Advanced knowledge of Arc Flash
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on electrical aptitude assessment
- Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs.
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already…
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003127
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron