Electrician II- Multi Craft
Deer Park, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $27.00/ hour or more, based on experience
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6 pm – 6 am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Earn up to 2 weeks paid time off during first year
- 401k with Company Match
What we need from you:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of related experience
- Multi Craft
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and advanced electrician duties
- Must understand solid state circuitry and 110V, 220V, 440V and 480V systems
- Ability to bend and proper size conduit based on wire conductors; ability to size starters and frequency drives; ability to size fusing and motor wires based on motor amperage
- Ability to use electrical schematics, diagnose problems with programmable controllers on equipment, and operate electrical testing equipment and machining equipment
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Intermediate knowledge of Arc Flash
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs.
- Perform standard repairs and assists in receiving, adjusting, and installing new plant equipment using a variety of power hand and shop tools as required
- Assist in the diagnosis of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and similar problems and apply appropriate corrective action
- Read and interpret schematic drawings and diagrams
- Assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and equipment, primarily electrical in nature
- Perform preventative electrical repairs on electrical cords and motors and assists with preventative maintenance on equipment replacement of parts
- Runs conduit and pulls electrical wire to wire new and used equipment; helps replace starters, relays, switches, and fuses in electrical panels; helps replace main and auxiliary disconnects as required
- Perform advanced electrician duties including but not limited to checking heater packs on motor starters, checking for open circuit in control wiring, using an Ohm meter to Ohm a heater, using electrical schematic to determine control wiring and checking/troubleshooting single phasing of three phase systems.
- Set up metal detectors
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Train Maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-1863
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron