National Account Manager - Foodservice
Dallas, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
This position is responsible for the Sales & Servicing of all C-Store, Top Chains, and Grocery Deli assigned accounts in accordance with the marketing plan to attain maximum sales and customer profitability.
- Initiates direct sales calls on account headquarters and lines of business for assigned accounts.
- Portfolio size ranges from $15m and $75m annually
- Formulates and negotiates pricing and program contracts for assigned accounts.
- Assures contract parity between customers.
- Develops and maintains account plans outlining strategic and tactical developmental efforts within each account.
- Makes frequent calls on customers to build relationships and/or to resolve problems.
- Effectively communicates account initiatives and execution plans to the field sales teams and management. Supports field sales team with key local customer events and problem resolution when necessary.
- May provide insight and/or lead the analytics, trade and reporting that support the strategic business needs.
- Assists with the development and training of the field sales organization for contract management company business.
- Assists in the planning, development, administration and monitoring the effectiveness of promotional programs.
- Maintains current customer files and pertinent database information on all accounts.
- Compiles all required reports on a timely basis including sales projections, products, sales results, expenses, tradeshows, etc.
- Assists management in the research and development of new products /processes suitable for accounts.
- Supports the organization in areas of product knowledge, promotional knowledge, sales, performance reports, industry information, and marketing plan development and execution.
- Manages, trains and develops subordinates, if applicable
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years related experience
- Competent in evaluating and interpreting primary and secondary research results and financial information
- Competent in understanding food service industry market channels, manufacturing environments, and multiple sales and distribution systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or government regulations
- Ability to develop and work within budgets
- Travel 30-40%
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1717
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron