Associate Regional Sales Manager - Foodservice
Dallas, Texas; Fort Worth, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring an Associate Regional Sales Manager for our Food Service team to be home-office based in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas Area. In this role you will execute sales programs to sell the Schwan’s products into Tier 1 & 2 foodservice distribution, Tier 1 K12/Bids, and Non-Commercial accounts in assigned geography by effectively penetrating account opportunities. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Zone Sales Manager. You will work closely with the Zone Sales Manager to coordinate and deliver results, with a focus on K-12 schools, as well as colleges & universities, health care facilities, Business & Industry, recreation & other non-commercial accounts.
- With responsibility for a full product portfolio, deliver growth in market share by working with distributors, and operators to plan and execute the sales and marketing plans of the organization.
- Manage and direct the activities of distributors to achieve annual sales quotas and business goals.
- Present products and other related information to food service operators to gain sales and establish accounts by displaying and/or demonstrating product(s), using samples or catalog, and emphasizing salable features.
- Provide marketing and technical advice, pricing, credit terms and customer service concerning product(s) or services provided.
- Conduct competitive product cuttings and is well versed on the quality advantage to Schwan's products vs. competition.
- Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion)
- Plan and prepare sales presentations and promotional events and/or materials.
- Develop and maintains working relationships with purchasing contacts and investigates and resolves customer service problems as necessary.
- Serve as primary contact with all key customers and represents the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and customer preferences and monitors and analyzes sales promotion results. Input and manage sales and region activities in CRM. Ensure that all forecasts for assigned accounts are up-to-date and accurate.
- Travel required in assigned territory; anticipated field time at least 50%.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years sales and/or business management experience
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis and ability to navigate sales reporting systems
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- The ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences
THE IDEAL CANIDATE WILL HAVE:
- PASSION for food!
- B2B Sales experience in the Food Service industry
- Be a self-starter, possess a high bias for action, and be comfortable working autonomously
- Culinary experience with a comfort level conducting sales calls in commercial kitchens and preparing food as part of the sales process
- Demonstrated consultative sales approach with the ability to build business relationships
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1625
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron