Senior Manager Human Resources
Columbus, OhioApply Now Quick Apply
Do you have a passion for all areas of HR? Are you an HR professional who enjoys helping leaders lead? Curiosity, great communication, enthusiasm and attention to detail are must haves for this role…interested?
At Cygnus Schwan’s Home Service, Inc., we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Schwan’s Home Service, Inc., markets and distributes more than 300 high-quality frozen foods through home-delivery and mail-order services. Popular product lines include the company’s Signature™ ice cream, pizza, premium meats and seafood, ethnic specialties, breakfast items and desserts. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s has more than 400 local sales and distribution centers across the continental United States. To learn more, visit www.Schwans.com .
We are hiring for a Senior Manager Human Resources for Cygnus Schwan’s Home Service in Columbus, OH. In this role you will be responsible for executing and supporting Human Resource policies procedures and practices relating to human resources activity to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and alignment and support of Corporate and Region business strategies and tactics.
- Great mentors who will train you on the systems and processes within the Human Resources Team
- Dynamic Culture with a start up feel.
- Supportive and flexible environment.
- Assists senior management for assigned business groups in human resources related planning development implementation and evaluation activities.
- Acts as appropriate change agent as well as HR consultant and key contact for Region HR staff to provide guidance and assistance to corporate Region and/or field management on policy related issues.
- Creates tactical plans prioritizes and allocates resources initiates the implementation of plans and policies and monitors and interprets results.
- Meets with employees to address concerns, develop positive culture, explain corporate policies and procedures and mediate differences between employees and supervisors.
- Drives programs to ensure continued union free status by developing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Monitors utilization of performance management program and use of corrective actions to address job performance and other behavioral issues.
- Administers HR functions within assigned groups to include employee relations compensation recruitment training EEO/AA benefits employment and employee services. Works closely with other HR managers (Region & Corp.) and HR technical staff to ensure understanding and ultimately that the best corporate solutions are presented to the customer.
- Identifies opportunities to continually improve organizational effectiveness efficiency and productivity. Investigates a variety of employee-related issues incidents and complaints resolve disputes and recommend appropriate action.
- Serves as a resource for corporate Region and/or field management on employee problems where the company's interests may be at risk.
- Coordinates with corporate Region and/or field managers to assure adherence to company policies for initiating disciplinary and staffing decisions.
- Anticipates and plans for change in human resource area as to: organizational structure employee motivation and staffing total reward systems.
- Works with management to resolve conflict or controversy to facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
- Anticipates human resource issues and problems and prepare alternatives and contingency plans.
- Directs functions designed to maintain employee morale and productivity at a high level (i.e. counseling employees requesting advice relative to a company situation conflict resolution employee discipline).
- Provides appropriate communications within the organization and promote employee understanding of programs policies and objectives along with developing positive employee morale.
- Coaches and facilitates problem solving for employees and managers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of government laws rules and regulations regarding employment recruiting and employee relations to ensure legal compliance (consults with Legal Department as needed).
Bachelor's degree or equivalent Years of Related Experience: 8 - 10 years related experience
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis and the ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of U.S. HR laws and regulations; demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of U.S. HR and employee relations' practices and policies developed through a combination of classroom training and work experience
- General knowledge of other U.S. HR disciplines
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Problem solving and decision making abilities that reflect the depth of knowledge focus on the customer and recognition of business objectives for this senior position
- Demonstrated ability to research appropriate solutions and make appropriate recommendations and counseling to engender confidence and credibility.
- Some Travel required
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Home Service, Inc. Req #: 19010570
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron