Entry Level Territory Manager - Chicago
Chicago, IllinoisApply Now
This position is responsible for driving incremental volume growth and to sustain existing volume by selling company product like to key operators. Will work closely with the local area support team (where applicable) to achieve market volume objectives. Additionally will be responsible for developing sales through the introduction and execution of sales plans and programs for specific distributor and operator accounts as defined by the annual operating plan.
Responsible for managing and maintaining strong relationships with key distributor and operator accounts
Make regular calls/visits on major operator customers in the market. Work with broker to coordinate sales activities that will enable us to penetrate markets
Responsible for distributor trade or equivalent distributor programs
Develop operator business plans in conjunction with market plans
Develop strategic geographic call patterns that maximize market coverage
Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion)
Create and maintain accurate customer profiles of key operators in assigned market area
Ensure accurate operator sales activity reports via centralized reporting system (SFDC)
Ensure broker sales representatives deliver product and demos as needed
Focus on driving compliance and increasing sales of existing and new products via operator influence
Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
Years of Related Experience: 2-5 years sales background or equivalent related experience
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Ability to navigate sales reporting systems.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with distributors and/or managing channels of distribution.
- Demonstrate value-added sales approach with the ability to build business relationships.
- The ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- This position will require travel including some overnight trips.
Job Type: Account Management
Business Unit: Schwan's Food Service, Inc.
Req #: 16004806
Schwans, Freschetta, Red Baron, Tony's, Mrs. Smith's, Edwards, Big Daddy's, Pagoda, Minh, Live Smart, Bon Appetit, Holiday Foods, Larry's