Class B Route Driver
Charleston, South Carolina
Take the first step toward an exciting new career! As a Customer Sales Distributor, you will join a passionate and talented team focused on providing amazing service to our customers. You will be in charge of your own route, drive one of our delivery trucks and deliver some of the nation’s most trusted food brands to the world’s biggest and best retailers. If you have an appetite for more, come join us at Schwan’s and see how far your passion, talent and commitment to customer service will take you. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry
- Travel Amount: Local Route
What do you need to be a successful Customer Sales Distributor at Schwan’s?
- Team player
If you are interested in building your career in a growing company with popular retail brands such as Red Baron®, Tony's®, and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks, this role is for you!
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance and 401K with Company Match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company uniform and footwear allowance provided
As a local CDL Class B route driver, you will deliver product to grocery stores to ensure our products are available on store shelves.
- Complete local daily route as planned to meet service expectations
- Unload products, place product in the back room, and collect proof of delivery
- Use handheld technology to complete daily work
- Build in-store relationships and work effectively with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain DOT rules and regulations and perform truck inspections
- Previous delivery, grocery, or warehouse experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement and ability to meet medical certification requirements; must be 21 years or older
- Ability to safely lift 35 pounds and move frozen product using appropriate equipment
- Ability to meet pre-employment background check, drug test, and DOT physical requirements
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4663
A Day in the Life: Schwan's Route Sales - Consumer Brands
I like the job a lot. I like the freedom and am always on the move. I also like the schedule because it allows me to have family time. The company provides good training as well.— Ricky M. CSD Harlingen, TX
It is a satisfying job as I am trusted to deliver product for the Company, drive a commercial vehicle, and be considered a professional driver. I feel like I do my part every day to contribute to the Company’s success.— Terry B. Just promoted to Route Sales Specialist from CSD – Austin, TX
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Life and Disability Insurance
Start Here. Go Far.
Customer Sales Distributor (CSD)Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Route Sales Specialist
Area Sales & Distribution ManagerArea Distribution Manager
Zone General ManagerWarehouse Operations ManagerNational Account Manager
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.