Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
The Schwan's Company, Inc. we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda®snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.schwanscompany.com.
If you are interested in managing a customer trade program this PromotionsCoordinator role in Bloomington, MN is the job for you. This position is responsible for managing trade promotions for a defined group of accounts in our Consumer Brands division. In this role, you would be auditing promotional contracts, validating payments, managing accruals, evaluating and interpreting deductions & promotions and improving timeliness and accuracy of deductions.
- Responsible for management of customer trade programs to include tracking validation reporting payment and accrual management as directed; while ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Analyzes and interprets of customer performance to the agreed upon contractual obligations.
- Ensure accuracy of allowances permitted based on contract terms and conditions for rebates and price deviations.
- Validates the integrity of the claim data used in the sales reporting that drives business strategy and financial decisions utilizing internal purchase data and external sources.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers sales and other cross-functional departments. Effectively leads collaboration with those contacts to achieve problem resolution where needed.
- Identify trade discrepancies and works with the customer to gain understanding for resolution.
- Improve process efficiencies productivity and quality.
- Monitors trends and recommends opportunity for increased profitability.
- Ensures compliance of internal guidelines and controls including trade spending and check policy for payments made for trade spending promotions.
- Utilizes knowledge of trade programs tools & systems to develop the tracking and reporting for analysis related to business strategies and goals.
- Communicates trade trends risk and action steps to improve results and maximize business working capital.
- Prepare and present trade claim data on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned which includes cross-training to other areas in the department.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred or equivalent experience
3 yrs business experience.
- Demonstrated technical competencies including Sales Discovery (where applicable) MEI (where applicable) SAP Business Explorer/BW MS Access Excel Word and Power Point
- Possesses strong understanding of the food industry; ability to interpret data as it relates to business
- Strong financial and analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task; Attention to detail and accuracy
- Works effectively in a fast paced time-critical environment
- Highly adaptive and possesses agile learning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Action oriented enjoys being productive and has a drive for results
- Builds strong rapport with internal departments and external customers
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make quality decisions in a timely manner
- Has high integrity and the ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Organized uses resources effectively and efficiently; Ability to prioritize;
- Team player and positive attitude
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards;
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19003786