Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr Financial Analyst - Bloomington, MN
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst, which is a part of the logistics finance team within Global Supply Chain in Bloomington, MN. If you consider yourself a Business Consultant first, who happens to also be a finance whiz, this role might be for you! This Sr. Financial Analyst will support the planning functions within delivery, storage and distribution.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Senior Financial Analyst role is a starting point on the path to a Finance Manager position
- Ability to have a global view of total company results and work in a highly visible position.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a flexible environment
What we need from you:
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive mindset. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Great relationship builder. Build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of financial / ROI analysis and financial planning and forecasting
- Excellent analytical skills with strong business acumen
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Monthly presentations to senior leadership to include developing and conveying rational, defensible, fact-based perspectives and recommendations.
- Advanced Excel skills; SAP a plus!
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 5+ years related experience.
- Reports, analyzes, forecasts and interprets financial, operating data. This may include profit/loss analysis, cost analysis, rate of return, depreciation and any other ad-hoc analysis of interest to management
- Prepares and analyzes monthly management reporting including profit and loss statements, while providing business insights to executive leaders
- Manages operating spend forecasting and planning processes and conducts prior year variance analysis
- Participates in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial budget and ensures timely execution
- Assists other Finance and organizational areas with financial matters as required and may serve as a mentor for junior team members
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20000115
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron