Senior Tax Analyst
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan's Company we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda®snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.schwanscompany.com.
If you are interested in corporate tax this SeniorTax Analyst role in Bloomington, MN is the job for you! This position is responsible for performing complex functions and leading projects relating to tax reporting for financial statements, internal and external audit and other tax reporting purposes.
- Assists in all areas of accounting for income taxes and the identification and documentation of Uncertain Tax Matters.
- Assists in the training of Finance staff regarding financial tax reporting and FASB/GAAP/IFRS requirements for tax. Reviews and verifies the monthly/quarterly financial reports for all tax accounts on a consolidated basis. Reviews supporting schedules to be supplied to the independent auditors related to these accounts.
- Monitors current federal and state income tax developments and forecasts impact to the company and assists in the strategic implementation of the system changes necessary to accurately reflect the financial and tax filing requirements.
- Proactively identifies risks and documents alternative solutions to mitigate the risks for the company. Seeks to fully understand the corporate legal structure and how this structure and business activity is used to determine the filing requirement in various taxing jurisdictions.
- Assists with tax planning and compliance related projects.
- Demonstrates expertise with specialized tax software and trains departmental personnel on its use. Identifies opportunities to minimize manual processing of data between systems. Recommends and implements improvements in existing systems.
- Reviews and signs off on the work of the lower level tax staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Trains, reviews, and validates the work performed by the lower level tax staff on mid to high level risk work. Mentors and leads lower level team members as necessary.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices as they relate to Federal and State tax laws as well as financial reporting requirements
- Solid understanding of the interaction between source data in the various IT systems and the tax software
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical and project management skills
- Solid understanding of the companies systems and how tax law or audit changes impact the current system
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of tax laws and how they apply for both financial reporting purposes and external filing requirements
- Solid technical research skills
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Specialized Tax Software etc.
- Solid communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to mentor and evaluate lower level staff with strong leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19007587