Looking for Home Delivery?
Senior Manager-Compliance & Records
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
The Senior Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that Schwan’s Company and its subsidiaries’ operations and procedures comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, in addition to company policies. In addition to general compliance, the Senior Compliance Manager leads the company’s records and information management program. This position collaborates with cross-functional teams such as Legal, Human Resources, Food Safety and Quality, Transportation, Internal Audit, Information Systems, Environmental, Health and Safety, as well as various business units’ functional areas to enhance the company’s compliance efforts. The Senior Compliance Manager is a member of the company’s legal team, reporting to its General Counsel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements internal policies and procedures relating the company’s legal and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Leads the company’s compliance and interactions with applicable regulatory agencies (i.e., Department of Transportation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and Environmental Protection Agency, etc.), including ensuring that required regulatory filings and responses are completed timely and accurately.
- Develops and monitors metrics to evaluate the company’s level of compliance with various business unit and corporate policies, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
- Manages the administration of the company’s ethics program, including the company’s business ethics code of conduct, supplier standards of conduct, ethics hotline, preparation of quarterly reports regarding hotline statistics, and annual ethics training.
- Provides expertise and advice to the organization to maintain compliance and promote an effective records and information management program.
- Implements and manages processes associated with regulatory obligations, industry benchmarks, and organizational requirements to demonstrate records retention compliance and best practices.
- Oversees operation and conducts review of the records facility and records and information management program in accordance with established policies, standards, and best practices.
- Manages, trains and develops the company’s Records Center personnel.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 7 -10 years of related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Working knowledge of Department of Transportation and other related state and federal regulations; Compliance program development and administration; Familiarity with data privacy regulations and practices; Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the records and information management function; Strong proficiency with numeric data analysis; Working knowledge of internal audit department function; Demonstrated experience and success in collaborating with cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 21000917
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron