Senior HR Generalist
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Do you have a passion for all areas of HR? Are you an HR professional who enjoys helping leaders lead? Curiosity, great communication, enthusiasm and attention to detail are must haves for this role…interested?
We are hiring a Sr. Human Resources Generalist to provide leadership and functional HR support for our Consumer Brands Retail Sales team. This role supports approximately 1,100 customer facing employees and helps them achieve company goals and objectives with an opportunity for Corporate HR experience as well.
This role will have these primary areas of focus:
- Provide general support in all areas of the HR function including successful employee relations, workforce planning, HR processes and policies, and leave management.
- Coach leaders regarding performance, career development, training, recruitment, and creating a culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Opportunities to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders.
- Leverages and completes data analysis of HR metrics to guide strategic business decisions.
HR Generalist Support (70%)
- Coaching and counsel managers and employees on performance-related problems, Code of Conduct violations, and general employee relations and make recommendations for resolutions. This includes building relationships, conducting and documenting investigative interviews, facilitating disciplinary meetings and case conversations, and providing consultative advice.
- Point of contact for employee questions and concerns.
- Support recruitment strategy to maximize staffing models.
- Help protect the company from liability by guiding managers in consideration of employment law and regulations.
- Partner with HR Manager to discuss and facilitate organizational changes from inception to approval and implementation.
- Support effective new hire experience and onboarding for all new hires and internal promotions.
Organizational Processes and Support (30%)
- Develop and implements HR related policies and procedures.
- Support business unit-wide projects and initiatives.
- Support all aspects of employee performance management to include process guidance and tracking.
Annual Business Processes
- Partner with HR Manager to administer and execute annual HR processes including staff and compensation planning.
- Complete data and KPI analysis of HR metrics as needed.
- Participate in interview process to support hiring needs across the business as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related field, with at least four years of experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Manufacturing, distribution or retail sales environments strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain confidentiality of human resource-related issues.
- Basic understanding and ability to interpret and apply Federal/State employment laws.
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations.
- High level of organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and follow through.
- PC savvy including: HRIS systems familiarity and Microsoft Applications.
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 19007995