Looking for Home Delivery?
Senior Financial Analyst
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst to be based at corporate offices in Bloomington, MN. If you consider yourself a Business Consultant first, who happens to also be a finance whiz, this role might be for you! This Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting planning, forecasting, modeling, and analysis for an assigned channel, function or department. The Sr. Financial Analyst is a vital business consultant to their cross-functional partners providing reporting, analytics, and perspective for profitable channel or portfolio growth.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Great jumping off point to move from this Sr. Financial Analyst role into a Finance leader position across the organization
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support from team members who are authentic, good-natured, and highly skilled
- Competitive compensation including a flexible time off program and a “dress for your day” office environment.
- Reports, analyzes, forecasts and interprets financial and operating data. This may include profit/loss analysis, cost analysis, market niche reporting, regional performance assessments, contract scenarios, risk/benefit analysis, customer proposals, rate of return, depreciation and any other ad-hoc analysis.
- Participates in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan which may include functional area specific modeling, time-series analysis and graphic presentation of both operating and financial data.
- Pro forma P&L for new product innovation, both close in and long term
- Prepares complex financial analysis reports, and completes individual analytical projects when given abstract project guidelines.
- Advises on and recommends to management desirable operational adjustments and interprets budget to actual variance.
- May perform analyses such as ROI, capital modeling, profitability, risk/benefit, costing, pricing, etc.
- Reviews performance to plan and conduct prior year's variance analysis.
- May develop ad hoc models to ensure profitability of pricing and investment decisions, new product development, etc.
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines.
Years of Experience: Typically 5+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive mindset. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Great relationship builder. Build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Strong collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of financial / ROI analysis and financial planning and forecasting
- Excellent analytical skills with strong business acumen
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Monthly presentations to senior leadership to include developing and conveying rational, defensible, fact-based perspectives and recommendations.
- Advanced Excel skills; SAP a plus!
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 20000567
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron