Looking for Home Delivery?
Senior Category Manager
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a SeniorCategory Manager for our Consumer Brands team in Bloomington, MN. This is a mission critical role for us, where your Category Management expertise, business acumen, and strategic leadership will all be leveraged to deliver insights and Category growth solutions across several large retailers. You will have direct report(s), and the opportunity to truly impact the business with your strategy and thought leadership.
- Develop customer-facing category presentations complete with actionable recommendations
- Incorporating multiple data sources
- Integrating custom shopper research
- Market and industry trends
- Competitive review
- Promotion Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
- Seasonality review
- Manage the annual reset process including: Category review, assortment optimization, presentation recommendation, POG development, and measurement
- Influence buyers and internal partners around optimal assortment (rationality, space-to-sales, retailer differentiation strategy, shopper affinity, etc.)
- Provide business situation assessment that is leveraged in joint business plan development with key stakeholders
- Present consumer, shopper and category insights in a comfortable, positive, influential manner
- Cultivate multiple internal and external relationships across customers and within the Schwan’s organization
- Some travel (10%)
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years related experience encompassing category management or shopper insights functional roles (CPG Preferred).
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred.
- High level of experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data: (Nielsen/IRI, retailer and shopper data) and secondary data to build actionable insights and recommendations
- Strong abilities to graphically illustrate complex relationships from disaggregated data
- Experience and working knowledge of secondary research, market research methodologies and processes
- Ability to interpret and leverage Panel purchase dynamics;
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Competent in using Space Management Software (Spectra, JDA, Apollo etc) Word and Outlook
- Identifies cause and effect within data relationships to determine root cause analytics
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels. Ability to influence and lead peers
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to make decisions including the prioritization of projects, allocation of department resources, and acceptable risk levels
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 20003752
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron