Senior Category Manager - Target
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a SeniorCategory Manager for our Consumer Brands team in Bloomington, MN. In this role, you will lead the Category Captainship in frozen pizza and desserts at Target! This is a mission critical role for us, where your Category Management expertise, business acumen, and strategic leadership will all be leveraged to deliver insights and Category growth solutions to one of our largest retail partners. You will have direct report(s), and the opportunity to truly impact the business with your strategy and thought leadership.
- Develop customer-facing category presentations complete with actionable recommendations
- Incorporating multiple data sources
- Integrating custom shopper research
- Market and industry trends
- Competitive review
- Promotion Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
- Seasonality review
- Manage the annual Transition process including: Category review, assortment optimization, presentation recommendation, POG development, and measurement
- Influence Target buyers and internal partners around optimal assortment (rationality, space-to-sales, retailer differentiation strategy, shopper affinity, etc.)
- Provide business situation assessment that is leveraged in joint business plan development with key stakeholders
- Present consumer, shopper and category insights in a comfortable, positive, influential manner
- Tracking and delivery of weekly/monthly retailer category performance scorecard
- Cultivate multiple internal and external relationships across Target and within the Schwan’s organization
- Some travel (10%)
Years of Experience: Minimum 8 years related experience encompassing category management or shopper insights functional roles (CPG Preferred). 2+ years planning and executing transitions on a captaincy team – Target experience required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred.
- High level of experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data: (Nielsen/IRI, retailer and shopper data) and secondary data to build actionable insights and recommendations
- Experience with MerchIQ, IKS and guest insights/ Domo
- Strong abilities to graphically illustrate complex relationships from disaggregated data
- Experience and working knowledge of secondary research, market research methodologies and processes
- Ability to interpret and leverage Homescan Panel purchase dynamics;
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Competent in using Space Management Software (Spectra, JDA, Apollo etc) Word and Outlook
- Identifies cause and effect within data relationships to determine root cause analytics
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels. Ability to influence and lead peers
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to make decisions including the prioritization of projects, allocation of department resources, and acceptable risk levels
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 19007413