Senior Business Systems Analyst- eCommerce
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
There is an exciting opportunity in The Schwan’s Home Service Division. We are hiring for a Senior Digital Business Systems Analyst to join our team in Bloomington, MN. This role will work closely with eCommerce and Digital teams to advise, define and deliver solutions supporting commerce capabilities in alignment with business and IS strategy that help grow the eCommerce business.
The Senior Digital Business Systems Analyst, Home Service will support the development of both enterprise applications and prototypes by leveraging an Agile software development life cycle. Work with product owners and stakeholders to collect requirements. Assist with product backlog maintenance and grooming. Participate in Agile activities, including scrums, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Analyze technical documents, briefs, user guides, and other deliverables. In this role, you will document technical requirements using agile tools sets ( Jira/confluence). This person will work closely with business partners and developers, document flows, write Jira stories, test web applications and manage defects/issues.
- Experience with writing functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with project and requirement management software, including JIRA
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment with aggressive project timelines and continual client delivery
- Ability to be comfortable working in a team-oriented, inclusive, and collaborative work environment and work with the team to achieve consensus
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, comprehend the intent of a client’s needs, and help shape and form the solution by leveraging team capabilities
- Ability to motivate and gain consensus among diverse stakeholder groups to drive initiatives to completion.
- Excellent business judgment to identify and address issues early, perform root cause analysis and develop long term solutions.
- Detail oriented, with a disciplined approach to process and quality control.
- Strong business analysis skills to enable efficient, accurate and objective decision making.
- Excellent personnel and organizational management skills, including issue and conflict resolution.
- Candidate needs to be comfortable working and partnering with people at all levels and across all functional areas.
- Professional, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a proven track record of execution against deliverables.
- Fosters an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Identifies, escalates, and removes team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals.
- Develop a good understanding of the business unit's function and effectively communicate technical issues in non-technical terms to the business unit.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
2+ years eCommerce and/or web technologies experience
Experience in consumer products and/or retail industries preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of systems development principles
- Advanced knowledge of business and strategic planning process and principles theories and concepts
- Advanced change management interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have strong written skills, with the ability to convey clear and concise thoughts and ideas.
- Proficient with numeric data analysis
- Advanced project management skills and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects/release concurrently
- Excellent customer service skills; Teamwork focus
- Extremely organized, diligent, detail oriented and self motivated.
- Advanced business process management and modeling skills
- Knowledge and experience of business analysis tools such as Domain Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Business Rules / Logic, UML, User Stories, etc.
- Experience in working on SQL databases, knowledge NET/Java based applications.
- Experience in working with the User Experience teams in conceptualizing and implementing A/B tests, test analysis.
- Expertise in business process mapping, fit-gap analysis, business process re-engineering
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 19001593