Looking for Home Delivery?
Security Engineer Intern
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
LOCATION: BLOOMINGTON, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program. (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Designs and implements the IT security infrastructure in partnership with IT Operations and Solution Delivery team(s).
- Manages and conducts vulnerability scanning and assessments regularly as directed for the environment.
- Performs security technology audits and recommends cost effective mitigating controls.
- Monitors the internal and external environment for security related risks and notifies the management on suspicious activities or incidents. Support the incident response plan and process, and investigations as required.
- Assesses information security infrastructure and recommends enhancements to support the enterprise security strategy; works closely with other areas of IT to test, plan, and implement security technology for the enterprise.
- Researches, recommends, and/or implements security technologies, and remediation approaches while building and maintaining relationships with external security partners and professional organizations.
- Serves as the communication security custodian specifically related to
PKI, certificate management, and encryption.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulations and standards that apply to Schwan’s Company. (PCI, HIPPA, PII, etc...)
What the expectations are of you:
- Security expertise of security tools (i.e. next generation network and application firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, encryption, identity and access management systems, file integrity monitoring, network access control, privileged identity management systems, security and information event management systems, secure configuration management systems, forensic tools, etc.).
- Cloud security experience on major vendor platforms, mobile device security, Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of current and evolving technologies.
- Certifications demonstrating trust and expertise across all components of information security (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) are preferred.
- Candidates should be currently earning a bachelor’s degree in computer science, cyber security, or related programs, with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 20003954
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron