New Product Commercialization Manager
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com .
We are searching for dynamic and forward-thinking New Product Commercialization Managers to work with our Club and Dollar team in Bloomington, MN. This area is one of our fastest growing markets, focusing on developing both branded and private label products in the categories of Pizza, Asian and Dessert. This role reports to the Commercialization Director, and sits in the Club Sales function. In this role you are responsible for owning the new product commercialization process and associated planning. Specifically, you will lead cross-functions in the successful execution of all project timelines to ensure all actions items are executed for each Stage Gate presentation. Critical to your success will be the ability to be a proactive planner and manager of processes and multiple projects and initiatives. If you have strong technical and executional skills and the ability to influence team members to meet launch deadlines, this role could be for you!
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects launching new products with the largest club retailers in country. Ability to make a big impact in the success of the business
- Small, nimble team with direct line of communication to the President of Consumer Brands and other senior leaders
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company, could lead to paths in general management, marketing or others
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Own the new product commercialization process, which includes leading cross-functions to ensure all action items are executed for each Stage Gate presentation throughout the commercialization process.
- Ensure project timelines are met accordingly by various cross-functional stakeholders.
- Conduct analysis and reporting on an as-needed basis.
- Track new item performance.
- Collaborate with sales, brand teams, IRI and consumer insights to analyze category performance (Pizza, Desserts, Snacks & Apps).
- Work with key customers and sales teams to implement product/brand/SKU rationalization strategies.
- Provide input for assortment strategy – brand & pack size.
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders (examples include: sales, finance, R&D, capacity & supply chain planning, packaging, vendors and customers)
Years of Experience: 5+ years related work experience. Mix of product development/innovation, marketing and project management preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Excellent business acumen and a passion to innovate
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for effective communication and interaction with colleagues, cross-functional teams and customers.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills to perform ad-hoc analysis and weekly reporting; IRI skills preferred.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to create powerful presentation content to tell a story across various audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to deliver on deadlines and priorities in a complex environment.
- Outstanding preparation skills needed to conduct meetings.
- Strong thought leadership, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time and maintain expected performance levels.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 19008670