Manager, Consumer Insights & Analytics
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. As part of The Schwan Food Company, Schwan's Food Service, Inc. markets and distributes many branded frozen-food products and meal solutions to schools, colleges & universities, hospitals, chain restaurants, convenience stores and many other foodservice channels throughout the United States. Our product lines include pizzas, crusts, desserts, appetizers, handheld snacks, ethnic and Asian products. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
There is an exciting opportunity in The Schwan’s Foodservice Division. We are hiring a Consumer Insights and Analytics Manager to join our team in Bloomington, MN. This individual will lead custom research and analysis, across our Food Service channels (K-12 schools, Convenience stores, national restaurant chains etc). This position is responsible for informing strategy and marketing execution with primary, secondary and syndicated data.
- Be the voice of the consumer on all aspects of the business (e.g., cost savings, product improvements, positioning, communication, innovation, etc.) by leveraging data, insights, and marketplace learning.
- Integral strategic business partner to guide important marketing decisions and strategies.
- Bring the consumer and operator voice to food service channels and all business decisions.
- Execute all elements of primary research (qualitative and quantitative) from Request-For-Proposal (RFP) to final report.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Category Management, R&D, and other key partners.
- Excel at insight analysis and synthesis to provide actionable recommendations to drive business results.
- Present at key customer meetings, sharing insights and key recommendations
- Use a range of methodologies, including: custom qualitative and quantitative research, syndicated research, and secondary data
- Find innovative & cost-effective solutions to help create business plans and marketing programs.
- Proactively develop expertise in consumer insights via professional networks, organizations, publications and vendors.
- Lead and support corporate research initiatives, where needed.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MBA Preferred
Years of Related Experience: The ideal candidate has five years of insights related experience, with time spent on research analysis, new product development, and exposure to food service industry.
- Demonstrates strong curiosity, intuition and passion to learn about human behavior.
- Prior work experiences should reflect ability to think critically, work in teams, and succeed in a corporate environment.
- Firsthand experience with new product development processes.
- Demonstrates high degree of initiative to learn and is naturally curious about the consumer and food service operator.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver outstanding results, and juggle multiple initiatives at once.
- Enjoys projects that are ambiguous and less defined and is energized by creating something new.
- Possesses strong communication skills in terms of writing and presenting insights.
- Proven ability to apply both primary research and syndicated research on business issues.
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams using consumer insights to inform decisions.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19009698
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron