Intern Territory Sales Manager
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
About the company: At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full-time job opportunities upon graduation
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits (if hired on full-time)
The Position: As an intern, you will assist in driving incremental volume growth and to sustain existing volume by selling company product to key operators. You will also partner closely with the local area support team to achieve market volume objectives and serve as the conduit between field sales and headquarters.
- Focus on increasing sales of existing and new products via operator influence
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with key distributor and operator accounts
- Make regular calls/visits to major operator customers in the market
- Work with brokers to coordinate sales activities that will enable us to penetrate markets
- Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion)
- Create and maintain accurate customer profiles of key operators in assigned market area
- Ensure accurate operator sales activity reports via centralized reporting system (SFDC)
- Ensure broker sales representatives deliver product and demos as needed
- Focus on driving compliance and increasing sales of existing and new products via operator influence
- Shadow and assist in sales planning activities, including going to market, setting strategies, and attending meetings.
- Must be a confident, driven, self-starter with a proactive approach to work
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written and interpersonal
- Ability to build rapport quickly and build honest relationships with high integrity
- Ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet important deadlines
- Comfortable with numbers and financial analytics – margins, labor costs, and pricing
- Must be comfortable navigating through and managing ambiguity
- Computer proficient in MS Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Some travel required
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Business Management, Marketing, Communications, or
business-related program graduating December 2020 or May 2021.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Food Service, Inc. Req #: 19011502
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron