Looking for Home Delivery?
Food Service Sales Intern
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
LOCATION: BLOOMINGTON, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Focus on increasing sales of existing and new products via operator influence.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with key distributor and operator accounts.
- Make regular calls/visits to major operator customers in the market.
- Coordinate direct sales activities with mentor RSM or TSR team member.
- Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion).
- Create and maintain accurate customer profiles of key operators in assigned market area.
- Ensure accurate operator sales activity reports via centralized reporting system (SFDC).
- Deliver product and manage/lead demos as needed.
- Focus on driving compliance and increasing sales of existing and new products via operator influence.
- Shadow and assist in sales planning activities, including going to market, setting strategies, and attending meetings.
What the expectations are of you:
- Must be a confident, driven, self-starter with a proactive approach to work.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and build honest relationships with high integrity.
- Ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet important deadlines.
- Comfortable with numbers and financial analytics – margins, labor costs, and pricing.
- Must be comfortable navigating through and managing ambiguity.
- Some travel required.
- Candidates should be
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Food Service, Inc. Req #: 20003950
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron