Looking for Home Delivery?
Director Human Resources
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
This position will provide leadership to, and provide overall management of, the human resources function for the Manufacturing Asian platform organization and Food Safety Quality organization. Such duties include, but are not limited to: staffing/employment, compensation and benefits, workforce relations, organization design and development, payroll and human resources management systems support.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your Human Resources leadership, collaboration, and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Manages the effective implementation and communication of and compliance with all HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Provides employment support to maintain a competent workforce that satisfies the headcount needs of the organization.
- Manages the employee/workforce relations functions; identifies, investigates and analyzes problems and takes corrective action to correct any issues.
- Partners effectively to drive continuous improvement efforts in areas such as systems, policies, processes and programs. Establishes a strong working relationship with the business unit leaders and builds on that relationship to ensure that the highest level of customer service is achieved in support of corporate and business unit goals and objectives.
- Assists in the administration of total rewards plans and programs including benefits communication, performance and wage and salary planning, incentives administration, etc.
- Provides for the timely and accurate processing of employee data including on/off payroll, pay and organization changes, employee files and records, etc.
- Partners effectively with various corporate departments such as safety, law and HR to assure compliance will all applicable legal and regulatory guidelines (e.g. AA, EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, etc).
- Provides appropriate communication and training within the organization and promotes employee and management understanding of HR plans and programs. Serves as a resource to field management on employee issues where the company's interests may be at risk. Consults in-house attorneys where significant risk to the company is possible.
- Manages, trains and develops subordinates.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 8 - 10 years related experience
- Generalist experience including advanced knowledge of all human resources disciplines and related policies and procedures (staffing/employment/relocation, employee/labor relations, total rewards, training, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid PC skills to include Microsoft Outlook, excel, word, etc.
- Basic understanding of business unit products, markets, policies and processes.
- Prior management experience.
The subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected status.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20004778
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron