Director, Consumer Insights & Analytics
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
There is an exciting opportunity in Schwan’s Food Service Division. We are hiring for a Director,Consumer Insights and Analytics to join our team in Bloomington, MN. This person will lead consumer insights for the Food Service Division.
The Director of Consumer Insights and Analytics, Food Service leads the discovery of relevant consumer, operator, channel, category, competitive, product, brand and marketplace insights to guide the development of business strategies and achievement of business goals. This role develops learning plans to address key business issues and initiatives and informs brand, acquisition and retention, portfolio, new product and category strategies. This position reports to the VP, Consumer Insights and Analytics.
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor to business teams and division leaders
- Shape business strategies with consumer, operator, channel, category, competitive, product, brand and marketplace insights.
- Insert consumer and operator in all aspects of the business (e.g., growth strategies, innovation, advertising, marketing levers, cost savings).
- Collaborate with cross functional partners (marketing, sales, R&D, operations, finance, agencies) to ensure business issues are addressed
- Identify growth opportunities grounded in consumer and operator needs.
- Reduce risk and challenge assumptions by providing consumer and operator perspective.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members. Build best-in-class Consumer Insights team.
- Align with consumers brands and business analytics to leverage total company insights and seek opportunities for one company learning
- Ensure well defined business issue prior to research scoping and design
- Balance rigor with risk in research design
- Oversee analysis of research to identify consumer/operator needs, attitudes and behaviors.
- Translate learning into easily understood insights and actions that builds business performance
- Integrate learning with business understanding to bring a holistic point of view to business decisions.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices to continuously improve departmental capabilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MBA strongly preferred
Years of Related Experience: 10+ years of Consumer Insights experience, with classic CPG background/training and experience in newer, digitally-based insight generation/measurement techniques.
- Experience as the consumer insights functional expert on a cross functional business team
- Thorough knowledge and experience in consumer insights required, with the ability to go beyond the research to become an excellent business leader.
- CPG industry experience strongly preferred
- Food service industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Finally, a low ego leader with a bias for action, who can prioritize limited resources well
Approximately 10% - agency visits, customer meetings, research
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19011770
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron