Director, Consumer Insights & Analytics
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
There is an exciting opportunity in The Schwan’s Home Service Division. We are hiring for a Director, Consumer Insights and Analytics to join our team in Bloomington, MN. This person will lead consumer insights for the Home Service Division.
The Director of Consumer Insights and Analytics, Home Service leads the discovery of relevant consumer, category, competitive, product, brand and marketplace insights to guide the development of business strategies and achievement of business goals. This role develops learning plans to address key business issues and initiatives and informs brand, consumer acquisition and retention, service, portfolio, new product and category strategies. This position reports to the VP, Consumer Insights and Analytics.
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor to brand teams and division leaders
- Shape business strategies with consumer, category, competitive, product, brand and marketplace insights.
- Insert consumer in all aspects of the business (e.g., strategy, innovation, advertising, product development, marketing levers, cost savings).
- Collaborate with cross functional partners, marketing, sales, R&D, operations, agencies to ensure business issues are addressed
- Identify growth opportunities grounded in consumer needs.
- Reduce risk and challenge assumptions by providing consumer perspective.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members. Build best-in-class Consumer Insights team.
- Align with the other business units (Food Service, Home Service) to leverage total company insights and seek opportunities for one company learning
- Ensure well defined business issue prior to research scoping and design
- Balance rigor with risk in research design
- Oversee analysis of research to identify consumer needs, attitudes and behaviors.
- Translate learning into easily understood insights and actions that builds the brand/business performance
- Integrate learning with business understanding to bring a holistic point of view to business decisions.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices to continuously improve departmental capabilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MBA strongly preferred
Years of Related Experience:10+ years of Consumer Insights experience, with classic CPG background/training and experience in newer, digitally-based insight generation/measurement techniques.
- Experience as the consumer insights functional expert on a cross functional business team
- Additional experience working for a market research supplier preferred
- Thorough knowledge and experience in consumer insights required, with the ability to go beyond the research to become an excellent business leader.
- CPG industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, communication, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Finally, a low ego leader with a bias for action, and can prioritize limited resources well
Approximately 10% - agency visits, research
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 18011476