Looking for Home Delivery?
Dir FSQ Copack & Supply
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
As a Director of Food Safety & Quality Co-Pack you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for food safety and quality practices with suppliers co-packers and/or company manufacturing facilities to ensure that company standards and regulatory requirements for product safety and quality expectations are met for all food products distributed and sold by the company.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow with a world class and growing food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Develop and lead the implementation of food safety and quality strategies for raw material packaging and co-manufactured goods suppliers to ensure food safety and quality standards and regulatory requirements are met for all food products distributed and sold by the Company
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the Food Safety & Quality Co-manufacturing and Supply team. Grow and develop direct reports
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders and provide strategic leadership on specification development for externally sourced ingredients and finished goods establish industry best-in-class programs to ensure supplier compliance to expectations
- Develop and foster strategic partnerships within vendor network and establish shared continuous improvement goals and metrics related to food safety and quality. Provide strategic leadership on CI initiatives throughout the vendor and good supplier value chain
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to review and manage food safety and quality risks in the supply chain. Review and enhance vendor on-boarding and on-going management programs and procedures ensure programs are industry best-in-class
- Ensure compliance with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company Local State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develop and manage department budget following corporate guidelines
What we need from you:
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
Years of Related Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience in the food industry including quality assurance, food production, food safety and regulatory compliance, strategy and business plan development, team leadership and people development.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read analyze and interpret complex documents including professional and technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced knowledge of food science and subject matter expertise on food safety & quality principles, understanding of domestic and international food regulations
- Solid proficiency with numeric data analysis
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, project management experience, intermediate PC skills
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20004317
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron