Consumer Insights & Analytics Manager
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
There is an exciting opportunity in The Schwan’s Consumer Brands’ Division. We are hiring a Consumer Insights and Analytics Manager to join our team in Bloomington, MN. This person will lead research on brands like Edwards desserts, Mrs. Smith pies and Pagoda appetizers, in addition to helping develop an innovation pipeline across the portfolio for Schwan’s. This position is aligned to the desserts and appetizer businesses and is responsible for informing strategy and marketing execution with primary, secondary and IRI syndicated data for grocery and club channels. You will report to the Consumer Insights and Analytics Director.
- Be the voice of the consumer on all aspects of the business (e.g., cost savings, product improvements, positioning, communication, innovation, etc.) by leveraging data, insights, and marketplace learning.
- Integral strategic business partner to guide important marketing decisions and strategies.
- Bring the consumer voice to Edwards, Mrs. Smiths, Pagoda business decisions in grocery/club channel.
- Execute all elements of primary research from Request-For-Proposal (RFP) to final report.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Category Management, R&D, and other key partners.
- Excel at insight analysis and synthesis to provide actionable recommendations to drive business results.
- Use a range of methodologies, syndicated research (IRI) and secondary data for business application.
- Find innovative & cost-effective solutions to help create business plans and marketing programs.
- Proactively develop expertise in consumer insights via professional networks, organizations, publications and vendors.
- Lead and support corporate research initiatives, where needed.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MBA Preferred
Years of Related Experience:The ideal candidate has three to five years of insights related experience, with time spent on research analysis, new product development, and exposure to packaged goods.
- Demonstrates strong curiosity, intuition and passion to learn about human behavior and excel based on a variety of work experiences.
- Prior work experiences should reflect ability to think critically, work in teams, and succeed in a corporate environment.
- Firsthand experience with new product development processes.
- Demonstrates high degree of initiative to learn and is naturally curious about the consumer.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver outstanding results, and juggle multiple initiatives at once.
- Enjoys projects that are ambiguous and less defined, where creating something new is energizing.
- Possesses strong communication skills in terms of writing and presenting insights.
- Proven ability to apply both primary research and syndicated research on business issues.
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams using consumer insights to inform decisions.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
Req #: 18011475