Looking for Home Delivery?
Category Analyst Intern
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
LOCATION: BLOOMINGTON, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Mine customer, shopper, consumer, E-commerce and internal data that will be used to improve overall category performance and results
- Analyze category landscape to develop actionable insights that drive category growth
- Present consumer, shopper and category insights in a comfortable, positive, influential manner
- Development, tracking and delivery of weekly/monthly retailer category performance scorecard
- Analyze Key Customer Modular/Digital Shelf and provide recommendations to enhance efficiency/effectiveness
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Shopper Insights and other cross functional teams to develop category focused solutions
- Prepare clear and concise business reviews that deliver executable insights
- Compile and analyzes market level data to identify opportunities to drive profitable business
- Develop and maintain syndicated data reports and tools based on standard category management measures
- Complete/attend all necessary information & technology training
What the expectations are of you:
- Strong customer facing, interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker who can use solid business acumen to proactively advise client and develop strategy
- Self-starter – Motivated and driven with a passion for taking the business to the next level. Demonstrate high level of independence and self-motivation. Take initiative and show resourcefulness while working in an independent, yet flexible team environment
- Communication Skills – Demonstrate ability to present detailed information to multiple audiences with different knowledge levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner
- Attention to detail and technical learning capacity
- Technical ability in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Candidates should be currently earning a bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, information systems, or related programs, with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 20004177
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron