Brand Associate Marketing Manager, Merchandising
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Home Service, Inc., we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Schwan’s Home Service, Inc., a subsidiary of Schwan’s Company, markets and distributes more than 300 high-quality frozen foods through home-delivery and mail-order services. Popular product lines include the company’s Signature™ ice cream, pizza, premium meats and seafood, ethnic specialties, breakfast items and desserts. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s has more than 400 local sales and distribution centers across the continental United States. To learn more, visit Schwans.com.
We are hiring for AssociateMarketing Manager – Merchandising, for our Home Service division in Bloomington, MN. In this role you will be responsible for influencing the strategic roadmap and growing profitable revenue across a broad portfolio of categories such as prepared foods, meats, seafood, ice cream, novelties and poultry. You will assist in the development of annual merchandising plans and develop assortments, features and promotions that entice consumers to purchase. You will enhance and implement merchandising and analytics processes and capabilities to optimize assortment plans and increase effectiveness and efficiency of merchandising efforts. You will develop data-driven insights based in analysis of business performance and consumer behavior.
What you will get from us:
- Be a part of a dynamic business with an opportunity to make a major impact on the success of our business.
- You will have the ability to help us innovate and bring fresh ideas as a key leader.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Responsible for bringing analysis and insights that direct the long term strategic direction of portfolio merchandising.
- Responsible for assortment analysis, merchandising financial performance and budgeting.
- Leads cross functional team in development and execution of an integrated merchandising strategy that spans web, digital and at-the-door sales.
- Develops & implements holistic performance analysis, metrics, reporting, post program review process that delivers insights and recommendations; responsible for various forecasting, budgeting and analytical projects.
- Makes recommendations that influence digital and at-the-door promotional programs
- Owns Vendor Programming strategy, management, and execution
- Collaborates with business partners to ensure ongoing forecasting and replenishment needs are met.
- Extends category positioning through influencing extended marketing team.
- Develops strong relationships to influence positive change. Thrives in a fast paced environment. Constructively challenges status quo and seeks out new information to drive business performance.
Years of Related Experience: 3+ years of professional experience focused in brand/retail/product merchandising management preferred
Education: MBA required
- Experienced in product merchandising, assortment planning, category management, pricing, and promotion at top national retailers
- Thorough understanding of general business principles, including effective analytical skills
- Understanding of P&L and budgeting to ensure delivery of business goals
- Strong results orientation driven by curiosity, passion, and personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Excels at collaboratively leading cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Competent in evaluating and leveraging primary and secondary research, syndicated data, and financial information to develop strategic and tactical recommendations
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Home Service, Inc.
Req #: 19000904