Looking for Home Delivery?
Associate Systems Engineer
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our direct sales team, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring two Associate Systems Engineers to be based at our headquarters in either BloomingtonorMarshall, MN. The Associate Systems Engineer, with support from the Manager and Senior Engineers, is responsible for assisting with a variety of Windows servers and systems. This engineer is a part of our IT Infrastructure team, and assists in the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems related to: Windows servers, phone systems, networking, databases (Oracle and SQL Server) and backup systems.
We are looking for someone who has experience with these types of technology or is eager to learn! This is a great opportunity to build foundation knowledge in IT infrastructure, and then grow from there within the organization.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Help locate necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop
- Participate in providing a stable performance environment
- Aid in locating the necessary tools and processes to identify and resolve problems and prevent them from occurring
- Resolve assigned problems with assistance, and is responsible for participating in 24 Hour on call support rotation
- Participate in various projects intended to continually improve and upgrade the infrastructure
- Utilize previously developed procedures for Infrastructure Technologies administration
- Actively participate in Lean and Continuous Improvement events and complete tasks in implementation plan to achieve business process improvements
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Services (CIS) or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
Years of Related Experience: 0-3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of server based Windows operating systems
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL
- Data backup/restore techniques
- Network (IP based) communications infrastructure and server- level troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong communication and problem solving abilities
- Strong desire to build your technical skills in a great team environment!
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 20004417
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron