Associate Merchandising Marketing Manager
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring for an AssociateMarketing Manager – Merchandising, for our Home Service division in Bloomington, MN. In this role you will be responsible for helping to grow profitable revenue through planning and execution of merchandising performance across all categories and channels within the Schwan’s brand. You will assist with assortment planning and execution of annual merchandising programs that entice consumers to purchase. You will lead increasing effectiveness and efficiency of merchandising efforts by developing data-driven insights based in analysis of business performance and consumer behavior. You will also lead development of processes and capabilities to optimize merchandising efforts.
- Owns merchandising business analysis for overall portfolio and by category and event. Makes recommendations for portfolio solutions based on overall business, product category, and segment objectives across channels. Develops strong understanding of business financial drivers and consumer target. Identifies relevant changes in consumer and industry trends.
- Leads assortment analysis, merchandising effectiveness and efficiency measures. Develops & implements holistic performance analysis, metrics, reporting, post program review process with business partners. Develops key insights, and recommends adjustments to drive traffic and basket growth.
- Supports merchandising manager in the development and execution of an integrated merchandising strategy. Provides data-based recommendations to help plan profitable mix of product features and assortments.
- Works with merchandising leader and marketing communications partners to execute merchandising programs. Programs span digital and at-the-door sales, shopping guides, national sales, seasonal campaigns, new products, sales incentives. Assists with ensuring brand & category positioning are extended through merchandising vehicles.
- Owns Vendor programming strategy, management, and execution leading business partners to drive interest, garner funding and develop partnerships that drive results.
- Collaborates with business partners. Develops strong relationships to influence positive change. Thrives in a fast paced environment. Constructively challenges status quo and seeks out new information to drive business performance.
Years of Related Experience: 3+ years of professional experience focused in brand/retail/product merchandising management preferred
- Experienced in product merchandising, pricing, and promotion at top national retailers
- Experience with consumer research & insights and brand leadership strategies;
- Thorough understanding of general business principles, including effective analytical skills
- Understanding of P&L to ensure delivery of business goals
- Strong results orientation driven by curiosity, passion, and personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Competent in evaluating and leveraging primary and secondary research, syndicated data, and financial information to develop strategic and tactical recommendations
- Ability to develop and work within budgets
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: Schwan's Home Service, Inc.
Req #: 19000030