Associate Marketing Manager
Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods. Schwan’s Food Service is the #1 provider of School Pizza, and Asian Appetizers, serving 60% of K-12 schools across the nation! Our many popular retail brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com .
We are searching for Associate Marketing Managers to work within our Food Service business unit. As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving profitable, sustainable topline growth within one or several of the Schwan’s food categories (pizza, snacks, baked desserts, ice cream and more). You’ll receive an opportunity to hone your skills in brand building, innovation and renovation, with a heavy focus on product development, project management and customer development. You will also work with a cross-functional team to develop brand new food items – from ideation to execution - and have input into a multiyear planning process. You will also get experience with integrated marketing communications.
In joining Schwan’s as an Associate Marketing Manager, you are joining a marketing team that invests in your development and supports developmentmoves within and across the function. You will have opportunity to build both marketing competencies and leadership skills to accelerate your career.
You will assist on strategy and develop growth plans for one of several key channels (K-12, C-Stores, Retail Accounts) or Product portfolios (Pizza, Asian, Desserts). You will also Identify and commercialize Channel-specific and cross-channel innovation. Food Service is a dynamic channel where you will need to use strong analytical thinking and data synthesis skills to turn data into insights on business trends and financial performance. As well as develop strong relationships with the sales teams to identify and prioritize customer opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional teams in execution of business plans, including commercialization of new products, product renovations, and/or marketing communication elements
- Lead stage gate process, including new project kick off, action planning, holding team accountable for deliverables and presenting to senior leadership at gate meetings
- Participate in creating annual business plans and three year strategic growth plans, including sales and profit forecasts, P&L management, as well as product, promotion, pricing, distribution strategies and tactics.
- Supports development of integrated marketing plans, partnering with brand teams, internal and external agencies
- Monitor trends, competitive activity, and use available data sources (qualitative and quantitative) to identify and recommend business growth opportunities
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to evaluate and increase the effectiveness of current in-market marketing programs
- Analyze and investigate variances between actual and projected revenue and profit
- Manage marketing budget
- Analyze multiple categories to understand consumer jobs to be done, underlying performance drivers, identify whitespace and define topline growth opportunities
- Creatively assess category opportunities and define Schwan’s brand’s sustainable competitive advantage and differentiation in that space
- Develop holistic business cases to justify time, $$ and resource investment
Education: MBA completed or in last semester of study and able to work full time while finishing MBA program.
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum 4 years related experience, prior to MBA.
- Intellectually curious, analytically minded and passionate “self-starter”
- Consumer first mind-set
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Thorough understanding of general business principles, including effective analytical and data synthesis skills
- Strong project management skills including detail orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Passion and accountability to drive growth
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Food Service, Inc. Req #: 19008974
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron