Sr Technical Support Analyst
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com
We are hiring an Sr. Technical Support Analyst for our Information Technology Operations group, to be based in Atlanta, GA. This position under limited supervision installs, configures, and maintains integrity of operating system workstations and servers to improve the reliability and performance of such systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates maintains directs and manages all desktop and laptop integrated software images including the re-engineering integration and validation of new software releases custom code third party packages and patches within our standard environment
- Recommends and manages the image releases with external equipment suppliers
- Develops and deploys automation scripts utilizing Microsoft's technical scripting tool to enable customer ease of use for desktop technologies and automated solution delivery through the software distribution infrastructure
- Proactively and efficiently researches and engineers emerging technology features and functions within our standard environment and processes
- Directs develops and executes new Windows and Office deployment project plans and schedules
- Ensures third party support contractors meet the defined service levels and directs communication in support of contract requirements
- Works with Development on the testing of new client based applications and impact of new software on existing Microsoft software such as IE ans Windows OS
- Reviews lessons learned and best practices to expand the knowledge base amongst peers and makes suggestions as to adjustments in processes and procedures
- Resolves critical virus/intrusion attempts on a 24/7 basis.
- Mentors lesser experienced support engineers enabling self-improvement amongst the team.
- Assists other technology engineers in defined project activities.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
Associate's Degree or equivalent
5 - 8 years related experience with minimum of 2 years as Technical Support Analyst strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Intermediate interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in network concepts practices procedures and device integration to network; intermediate presentation skills; demonstrated strong ability to effectively understand and respond to client issues with effective IS/IT solutions
- Demonstrated self-motivation for staying abreast of emerging technologies
- In-depth knowledge of trouble-shooting and break/fix activities for desktop and laptop computing platforms including standard hardware operating system standard applications networking protocols and infrastructure environment; demonstrated ability to drive a motor vehicle
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Shared Services, LLC Req #: 19005961